July 2018: Ann Lee

Ann Lee
Knowledge Management Content Analyst
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
Ann Lee photo

1. Why did you join AALLc?
As a minority law librarian, I like to meet and network with other minority librarians. I joined the AALLc, as well as some other caucuses and groups, as part of that effort to learn more about what other groups in the Association are doing and the issues they are facing.

2. What do you do as a law librarian?
My title is “Knowledge Management Content Analyst.” In simple terms, I work with a team here to identify and implement efficient solutions to organize information and make it more readily accessible to everyone at the firm.

3. What do you enjoy most about your job?
I do enjoy learning about all the different technology and platforms that are out there. New tools are coming into the market all the time, especially around AI and machine learning, so it’s interesting to see what applications they have (or potentially have) for what we do in the library.

4. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Watching my two toddler kids grow up and, at the moment, taking advantage of the summer to enjoy parks, swimming and the like with them while we have the chance. For myself, it’s nice to squeeze in a cup of coffee with music and a book, or to grab dinner/drinks with a friend when I can.

5. What is your favorite travel destination (Asia or otherwise!)?
Every place is amazing for different reasons, so I can’t pin down a favorite. But for different reasons, I’ve loved my experiences in Australia, Scotland, Japan and Argentina so far.

Bonus: What were you looking forward to most at this year’s annual meeting?

The Diversity and Inclusion Symposium! And in no small part because I was part of the committee planning it. The topic was hidden disabilities, which was an important topic and one that I think will resonate with many members in the Association. It’s also one that is personal to my family, so I was really excited to hear from the panel speakers and from the attendees about their own experiences.