Educating and Diversifying the Next Generation Caucus
A forum for AALL members who are interested in diversifying our profession and educating the next generation of law librarians. We will strategize how to break down barriers to the profession, create pipelines of diverse students to law librarianship, and recruit and train LIS professors, including practicing law librarians. The caucus will support and promote the goals that AALL is currently developing in this area.
- LIS Education: share syllabi, collaborate on course development, and explore options to provide support, financial and otherwise, within our organizations for staff who want to pursue MLS degrees.
- Professional Development: keep abreast of literature, trends, conferences and other opportunities for continued learning.
- Recruit LIS Professors: recruit and train law librarians who would like to teach in LIS programs.
- Support and collaborate with AALL as they execute their related Pillar of the forthcoming 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
- Engage in other activities that serve the purpose of the Caucus
Any AALL member interested in collaborating with colleagues to explore ways we can break down barriers to the profession, create pipelines of diverse students to law librarianship, and recruit and train LIS professors.