Formed in 2011, the ERC is a group of law librarians interested in empirical research. Our group's goals include:
- Encouraging law librarians to expand their knowledge of trends in empirical research and methods and resources that can be used to support empirical research;
- Facilitating librarian instructional efforts to increase information literacy about statistics and empirical methods;
- Encouraging law librarians to engage in empirical research on topics important to libraries;
- Maintaining a list of publications by librarians about empirical research;
- Partnering with AALL Special Interest Sections, including ALL-SIS,PLL-SISandCS-SIS to support and publicize programming and professional development opportunities on empirical research; and
- Providing a forum for sharing knowledge related to empirical research, including the development and archiving of data, availability of existing data and requirements for institutional review boards.