March 2018: Mandy Lee

Mandy Lee
Research & Instructional Services Librarian
Chicago-Kent College of Law

Mandy Lee headshot

Why did you join AALLc?

I joined AALLc to have increased opportunities to interact with peers who share interests and concerns for the law library profession.

What do you do as a law librarian?

I have three primary responsibilities: research, reference, and teaching. I conduct research for Chicago-Kent faculty; answer reference queries for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and public patrons; and teach legal research a a guest lecturer in Chicago-Kent's legal writing courses, and in substantive legal courses such as Employment Law, International Labor & Employment Law, International Trade Law, and International Law.

What do you enjoy most about your job?

I enjoy helping people to find information.

What do you enjoy doing outside of work?

I like going to museums, reading, watching movies, trying new restaurants, going to performing arts events, listening to music, and supplying information to people!

What is your favorite travel destination (Asia or otherwise!)?

That's a tough one. I love Hong Kong, so if I had to choose one, I'd say that that's my favorite. I also enjoy going to New York City, though, and would love to go back to Mexico City, India, and Thailand. Plus I'd like to go to Italy one day, and I look forward to traveling to all of the places to which I haven't been yet!

What are you looking forward to at this year's annual meeting in Baltimore?   

I am most looking forward to reconnecting with my law library colleagues and friends. Given the location, I also hope to go to the Edgar Allen Poe House and Museum and the Enoch Pratt Free Library if there's time! Plus, I'd like to eat a Maryland crab cake or two.