May 2016: Youngwoo Ban

May 2016:  Youngwoo Ban
Library Fellow at the Daniel F. Cracchiolo Law Library at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law

1.    Why did you join AALLc?

I attended the AALLc Business Luncheon in last year’s AALL conference. I enjoyed speaking with the librarians. They were all very nice and kind. So I joined AALLc. 

2.    What do you do as a law librarian?

Currently, I am a Law Library Fellow at the University of Arizona. I answer reference questions and work on various projects. I have also served as a teaching assistant for a couple sections of the 1L legal research course. 
I have recently accepted the Reference Librarian position with Indiana Tech Law School. I am very excited to begin my career as a law librarian!!

3.    What do you enjoy most about your job? 

I enjoy the fact that I get to work in various areas such as teaching, faculty service, collection management, and outreach services. 

4.    What do you enjoy doing outside of work?

I enjoy hiking in Sabino Canyon (Tucson, AZ). I also enjoy watching football and Korean baseball. 

5.    What is your favorite travel destination in Asia or other parts of the world? 

Seoul, my hometown. As for non-Asian destinations, I would love to travel to Iceland and Thailand. In addition, AALL conference allows me to visit many big cities in the U.S. I will go to Chicago for the first time in July!!!