The Asian American Law Librarians Caucus (AALLC) was organized at the 1988 American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Meeting in Chicago by Mon Yin Lung. The purposes of the Caucus are:
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information on, and to represent its members' interests and concerns within AALL.
- To promote law librarianship and the study of Asian law.
- To develop and increase the effectiveness of Asian American law librarians.
- To foster cooperation among Asian American members of the profession.
- To provide for the further continuing education of Asian American law librarians.